Is Florida Van Rentals open during the Coronavirus outbreak?
Yes. Florida Van Rentals is an essential services provider that remains open to meet critical transportation and personal mobility needs. We’re here to serve those who need a vehicle and to help frontline responders including healthcare professionals, emergency responders, emergency services, utilities, military and local governments continue to move critical goods and services during this global health crisis. We are committed and ready to help you get wherever you need to be.
Are rental vehicles available for frontline responders?
As an essential services provider, we are committed to supporting our frontline responders now more than ever. This includes supporting our healthcare professionals, emergency responders and the many others supporting our communities during this global health crisis with vehicles to meet their critical transportation and personal mobility needs.
What are Florida Van Rentals operation hours during the Coronavirus outbreak?
Our operating hours have remained the same check floridavanrentals.com for the latest information
What is the current rental process? True No Contact Rental Processing
To help protect both customers and employees, we have modified our car rental process. We have completely transitioned to a paperless rental process through the use of Docusign for e-signing our rental and payment agreements . So there is no need to come in and sign anything, everything is handled online and over the phone. Delivery is also offered at select car rental locations Whether you are picking your vehicle up at our office, or if we deliver it to you, we’re committed to maintaining proper distance throughout the process.
Can I rent a car at the airport during the Coronavirus outbreak? Yes, you can do your reservation online and take delivery of your vehicle right off airport property at Wally Park which has a free shuttle bus to transport you 1 mile to the parking facility. Reservations Is my existing reservation still on? Yes, we remain open. We have recently consolidated our neighborhood operations and have implemented additional safety precautions in light of current events. Your local branch should be reaching out to you if any updates to your reservation are required. For additional info please call 1-866-322-4400.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures What steps are being taken to clean the rental cars?
Clean vehicles have always been important to us, but at this moment in time, we know vehicle cleanliness is even more critical. That’s why we have modified our cleaning procedures that take place between every rental using recommendations from various health authorities. On top of vacuuming and general wipe-down cleaning, we are sanitizing with disinfectant key areas between every rental, including:
- Key & key fob
- Center console
- Cupholders & compartments
- Seat surfaces & pockets
- Areas between seat/console & seat/doorjambs
- Instrument panels
- Steering wheel & column
- Accessory panel
- Door interiors & pockets
- Door handles (interior & exterior)
- And other high-touch areas
- We also have measures in place to immediately isolate and quarantine any vehicle if needed.
What is Florida Van Rentals doing to protect and reduce risk during this Coronavirus outbreak?
Employees working in open branch locations are following the best practices recommended by the CDC and other health authorities to help protect and reduce risk during this Coronavirus outbreak. These practices include:
- Limiting the number of employees in a location
- Using social distancing
- Staying home if they are feeling ill
- Frequently washing hands
- Frequently sanitizing touchable surfaces with disinfectant
- Using disposable gloves and a disinfectant when cleaning vehicles
- Minimizing (Eliminating) customer interaction at vehicle pickup or delivery
- Ensuring local teams have supplies and resources needed
- Additionally, all employees have been made aware that if they ever feel uncomfortable with working in a physical location, they are under absolutely no obligation to work.
- We also ask for your support. That’s why we urge travelers to please stay home if you are ill, displaying symptoms of COVID-19, been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are currently under quarantine.
For additional questions, please email or call us and we will be happy to answer your questions. Click the button below to esign our Covid-19 waiver, this is already included in our updated rental agreements.